Netflix, Rocket League, Instagram; you know what I’m talking about. 😤
I’ve talked about procrastination in an earlier blog, but what really are those distractions that traps you into procrastination and why do we find it so difficult to get loose from it? 🤔
When YouTube was first introduced by mid 2005, it started off as a platform where users could find and share clips to people all around the world. This was internet was still slowly growing to its peak activity. This was the age when we still had to dial-up for internet.
Fast forward to today, we have multiple teams of people working to ensure that you stay in your YouTube App, by enchancing the User Experience and Interface. Now, on an average, people spend about 42 minutes on YouTube.
Now, that’s just YouTube. We have a bunch of other Apps and distractions too; TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, and so on.
Don’t get me wrong tho. I’m a tech-guy, and I love how all these innovations have brought the Human Race itself to great heights. But we need to keep in mind how to be healthy while using these innovations.
These distractions could pull you off from your dream project, actual interactions with people, or even ruin your sleep. 💤
- Keep track of your Screen-time: This has personally helped me alot to get off from all the distractions. Try keeping a widget with your screen-time and app usage in the Homepage of your device.
- Find a new hobby: Be it painting, coding, writing, try it out! 👨🎨
- Uninstall them: Ooh. This is a hard one. But definitely works wonders. 🗑
- Think what about what you actually want to do: Keep your vision and goals always in mind. This would really help you say “NO” to those distractions.
- Work on completing your tasks: Try to complete tasks that you have in your plate as soon as possible. ✅
- Keep them away: This really helps, especially when you sit down to study. Try keeping your phone in the other room, where it would be difficult for you to go and get.
- Keep a clean environment: Our mind is beautiful thing. But it starts to wander all over the place when we work in an environment that is not clean.
(PS: Let me know what you think in the comments below)
- Built a KNN ML Model on a Dataset (refer below) 🖥
- Built a SVM ML Model on a Dataset (refer below)
- Learnt more statistical methods in Python for Data Science 📊
- Complete DSA Lab Submission 📝
- Discussed for Developmental Studies Report 💭
- Studied Microprocessors and Interfacing, and Database Systems 📚
- Read the documentation for Web Scraping (requests-HTML) 🌐
- One week since the start of this website! 🎉
- Practice building more ML Models using KNN and SVM 👨💻
- Work on Linear Regression for Machine Learning
- Work on Visualization of Data on Python 📈
- Study Math - III
- Listen to Audiobook on “Fahrenheit 451” By Ray Bradbury 🔊
- Continue working on project 🔥
- Update CV