Almost an year back, when we got the news that our university would be closed for 2 weeks, we were really happy. We told each other the normal goodbyes cause we thought we’d be seeing each other soon anyway.
Well, the pandemic hasn’t gone anywhere, and it might stay on for longer. 🙁
Something we got out of the whole situation are the online classes.
Is it fun? Initially, to be honest, it was.
Get recorded lectures. Stay home at our comfort. We could get up late from bed. Turn on the lectures as you would like. Get attendance (even tho we would be sleeping). And so on.
But it was only fun in the beginning cause we thought it would all end soon, and we could go back to our normal classes.
Now that we still do have online lectures, personally, I feel it has really affected us as students. We are so much more lazier. The interactions between the student and teacher just dropped. People started getting into malpractices much more often. Exams didn’t feel the same anymore. We couldn’t engage and be proactive as we used to be when it was all normal. And so on..
Online Classes are just not the same. No matter how hard the university, professors, or even we try, its just not the same. And it might never be.
To cope with that, and to make sure these issues don’t bother me, I try to take a few steps:
- Make sure that my relation with the professors stay the same (or better)
- Interact as much as possible with my peers to stay updated with everything
- Make sure that procrastination doesn’t take me back (Check out the previous blog for more on this!)
- Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule
- Make sure that I don’t get pulled by Netlfix or Rocket League
- Work on improving your skills as a student and for your career
As a student myself, I wish we could soon see a day where everything is as how it used to be, and have that university-life back again.
That being said, make sure that you stay safe! Get yourself vaccinated. And take every other precaution you could so that we could go back to normal. 🙌
(PS: Let me know what you think in the comments below)
- Finally got the PR merged! 🎉
- Started practicing on KNN Algorithm 💻
- Learned more Train and Test Data and their splits in Sklearn 📊
- Started reading a research paper on KNN - Efficient kNN Classification With DifferentNumbers of Nearest Neighbors
- Worked on DSA Lab Submission
- Studied Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Systems, Microprocessors and Interfacing 📚
- Prepared TechNews Post 🖼
- Learn more statistical methods for Machine Learning in Python Libraries 🐍
- Work more on KNN Algorithm by creating a model 🛠
- Continue reading the research paper 📄
- Continue working on the project
- Complete DSA Lab Submission ✍️
- Discuss for assignments 💭